Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 6th, 2011 - Starting the refurbishment of the '76 Calkins Trailer

I started taking the '76 Calkins trailer apart today. I already had the hubs removed and found out that I need new ones. The replacement bearings and dust shields don't match, so I can't just replace the bearings. I found new hubs at http://www.championtrailers.com/. While I am waiting for the hubs to arrive, I started to disassemble the trailer so that it can get new bolts and a new coat of paint. Not quite sure what color to go with yet.

 The rear with lights and rear rollers

 The left side. I'm not sure what the plate is for.

 The mid boat roller

 The bow mount and winch. The winch is being replaced

 View from the front

 Fenders and roller bars removed

 New look from the back

From the side


No comments:

Post a Comment