Friday, March 25, 2011

March 23rd, 2011 - Interior Cushions, Motor Controls, Fuel Tank and Battery

After the carpet glue was dry, I installed the battery box tie down and the speakers.I also finished up the wiring under the dash. I hope it's all correct! After that, I attached the motor controls to the panel. Next it was time to attack the interior side cushions. I cut out numerous pieces of 3/8 plywood, 4 inches wide to use as a base. Then I put blind nuts in the pieces, clamped them to the wall and marked the sides for drilling. I then covered it all in one long string to go all the way around the boat. It was almost 20 feet long. Next it was time to attach it to the boat. I used 10X24 screws from the back, screwed into the blind nuts so they couldn't be seen. It turned out pretty nice!. 
 Side Cushion Backing Boards (rear of boat)

 Side Cushion Backing Boards (front of boat)

 Cushions Ready to be Attached

 Cushions, Fuel Tank and Battery Box

 Cushions, Front

 Cushion and Controls

Close Up of Controls and Dash

No comments:

Post a Comment